Hey guys, so I bought the perfume sampler pack Bottled Dreams from Sephora about a month and a half ago and I’m just now getting around to reviewing it! I sampled all the perfumes multiple times so I could give a good review for you guys! Bottled Dreams came with eight perfume samples and a coupon to purchase one of the perfumes in the box that you like! The whole thing was $58, but that is for the coupon to purchase a full-sized bottle without any extra cost. So, not only do you get 8 free samples but you get a trial and error to be sure that you buy the one that you love! Isn’t that so cool?! Anyway, I divided the eight perfumes into three different groups: the ones that seem too old for me, musky or sort of bold ones, and the light and airy ones. So without further ado, let’s get to the perfumes!
Group #1: Too old for me. I am a seventeen year old girl, and I am told that I look a little older as it is so I definitely don’t want to dress or smell like someone older. I want to embrace my youth! But don’t get me wrong. none of these perfumes were bad, I actually like these scents. There just not for me.
- Gucci “Guilty”: At first, I couldn’t decide if there was glitter in this and I still don’t know! None of the sample bottles spray, so you have to dab it on your skin and it made my skin glitter the first time but not any other times! Anyway, this perfume reminds me of the classic smell of Gucci. All Gucci perfumes kinda smell alike to me. Not a bad scent at all for a women. The booklet this package came with states that it has scents of pink pepper and mandarin. Also, this perfume did last on my skin all day when I put enough. Even through humidity and my sweat!
- Elizabeth and James “Nirvana Black”: The Nirvanas actually come as a rollerball, so brownie point for them! This perfume is probably my least favorite out of all the perfumes though. It reminds me of something my grandma would wear, it has that aroma of old, but classy, ladies. Apparently, my grandma would wear some violet, sandalwood, and vanilla. This perfume did last, to my annoyance, almost all day.
- Elizabeth and James “Nirvana White”: This is my favorite of the group. It is definitely lighter than Nirvana black and more feminine. I like it, it has that girly smell to it with a good amount of musk. This perfume stuck with me at least half the day, but I don’t remember exactly. It contains peony, chic muguet, and musk.
Group #2: Feminine with a little Musk. This was my favorite group of perfumes, and I think it was down to just these two and one other to decide which I want to buy. I like these perfumes, and I feel like these are appropriate for my age to ladies in their twenties! Both of these were a little bit harder to smell on me after a while, unless you put your nose right up on the application sight. But, it might also be because I could only dab it on my wrists.
- Burberry “Body Tender”: I really like this scent. It is sweet but not so sweet to give you a headache or make you sneeze. When you first smell it, it just smells soft and feminine until bam- musk. I did sort of enjoy that surprise but I think I would get tired of smelling that all the time, personally. It has lemon, apple, English rose, white jasmine and sandalwood on the feminine side. On the other hand, cashmeran, amber, and musk give it that umph.
- Bvlgari “Omnia Crystalline”: Love this scent. It is like a cool, feminine scent. A balance between sweet and musk, and I also smell something familiar in there. A favorite of mine now. The book says it contains bamboo nashi pear followed by lotus blossom and balsa wood. It’s so me, adventurous and maybe a little bold, and it is also slightly offbeat.
Group #3: Light and airy. Aaahhhh. Smell that? Nice and freshly washed laundry. Just kidding I’ve been wearing this shirt for three days I just douse it in one of these perfumes and it smells fresh all over again! Lol, for real though, these perfumes are like when you just a bouquet of flowers and you just keep smelling them over and over again. These perfumes would be ideal for the summer outdoors, not smothered under layers of clothes because the scent carries through the air better and aren’t as heavy as other perfumes.
- Juice Couture “Viva La Juicy La Fleur”: As a fan of the original “Viva La Juicy” this was the perfume I was most excited about. I was not disappointed, it goes right in line with “Viva La Juicy”! I think it’s a great addition to the line, I think it might even be better than the original. It smells just like “Viva La Juicy”, young and sweet, but with a little extra floral note. Perfect name for it, great addition to the line. This feels like the perfume that should appeal to this youngest women, around my age or a little younger. It has vanilla, caramel, wild berries, mandarin, honeysuckle, gardenia, jasmine, and sandalwood.
- Lancome “La vie est belle”: If you couldn’t tell by the name, this is the most feminine and posh perfume in this box, perhaps out of all the perfumes I’ve ever smelt, minus Chanel No. 5. It smells sweet, but it is so light you are searching for a heavier smell, but it only gets lighter. This one had the potential to give me a headache, but it didn’t though the smells of it were just annoying for me after a few hours. I felt like I had a ballerina following me or something. It has iris pallida, patchouli, orange blossom, jasmine, and a gourmand blend. If you like sweet and flowery combinations, go for it, but it was just too flowery for me.
- Balenciaga “Florabotanica”: This one was super interesting to me. Its like flowers, but it has a strong alcohol-like backbite to it, but I like it. I love the name too, rolls off the tongue. It has an appropriate name and bottle, blunt but true and cute. In fact, the book only lists two notes: turkish rose with hemp and vetiver roots. I love how this perfume is endorsed by Kristen Stewart too. Normally I don’t like her, but she is not an over-the-top celebrity and this isn’t an over-the-top perfume. Perfect name, perfect bottle, perfect rep. A new favorite.
Alright, I think this post is long enough! So I’ll make this short: my favorites were “Florabotanica”, “Body Tender”, and “Omnia Crystalline”. I also really liked the “Viva La Juicy La Fleur” but I decided I didn’t want to purchase that considering that I still have some “Viva La Juicy” I haven’t used up yet. Now which one is my favorite? I think “Florabotanica” is super cool but I would get tired of it after a while, and “Omnia Crystalline” actually reminds me of the scent in my best friend’s house. Told you I smelt something familiar. So, I think I will be purchasing (with my handy-dandy coupon) Burberry’s “Body Tender”! Thanks for reading guys, and have an awesome rest of the weekend! :p