I grew up playing The Sims, so you know I was super stoked about the release of The Sims 4! Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to get the game right when it was released and then I had this entire post written before my computer shut down and didn’t save it. So, I apologize for my super belated Sims 4 tips, and this post will probably be a work in progress as time goes by and expansion packs are released (yay!). Also, I have screenshots to upload on here but I am currently having trouble with updating my game so I can’t launch the game. I’ll be adding those later as well. Anywho, please enjoy some pointers that I take advantage of.
- Create a Sim that is the opposite of your personality.
This may seem a little off, why would it matter if my sims have a similar personality as me? To create a sim similar to the player’s personality, this is the recipe to boredom burnout. Sure, it’s cool to see what you’d be like as a sim at first, but for long-term play the same personalities over and over again get old. Plus, I really enjoyed when I created a sim that was physically driven and socially driven, two things that I am not.
She loves to dance. I don’t like to dance, when people are watching.
- If possible, save your money to buy nicer furniture.
Everyone has to start out taking cold showers, eating burnt food, and watching crappy cable. But, if the piece of furniture you are buying has nicer options you can’t afford, consider putting the purchase on hold. It may be worth it to purchase the nicer item when it comes to TVs, couches, and other non-essentials for more comfort, environment (which will give sims a Nicely Decorated Happy moodlet), and nicer quality things tend to break far less often.
- Don’t Ignore Whims, Use them to tell a story.
Do you ever get bored in The Sims and lose track of where the story of your sims unfold? Why not use your sim’s wishes as a guide map? In the Sims 4, your sims have moods that affect their wants (whims). And sometimes as a result, completed whims prolong their current mood. No matter what the whim is, there are points to earn in which you can buy some satisfactory rewards with. Can’t beat those game-changers.
- Always multitask.
So a new feature in The Sims 4 is multitasking, and I love it and will never go back to earlier versions because of this. Your sims will talk with each other while eating, watching TV together, sitting at the bar, or even while on the computer. Your sims will also play on their phone while watching TV or sitting on the toilet (how realistic is that?!). My
Sitting on the toilet..
sim also likes to use the toilet while reading a book. All crap aside, pun intended, why not kill two birds in one stone? Fill up two needs at the same time, that’s what I call convenient.
- Still bored with The Sims 4?
Check out forums on the internet like Mod The Sims for Sims 4 challenges. If you don’t know what a Sims challenge is, it is basically where someone posts a game or challenge with rules and regulations that they made up and you can play with it in The Sims games. That means that it may not have any set rules or a lot of set rules, and the challenges may or may not include cheats. I even linked the Sims 4 challenges Mod the Sims to Mod the Sims for you, you’re welcome. 🙂
- Take advantage of the updates and the free content!
EA has released updates that added pools and new careers to the Sims 4! Yay!! Most of the time Origin will automatically update your game for you, but make sure by right-clicking on The Sims 4 while in “My Games” in Origin, then select “Check for Updates”. Also, EA has released The Holiday Celebration Pack for free that you can download for new furniture such as wreaths, Christmas trees, and a Hanukkah menorah! It also comes with some
Just a few of the holiday decorations. Holiday tree, wreath, and garland.
cute sweaters for your sims to wear!! How great is that?! You can also download this from Origin, I right-clicked my game, then clicked “View Game Details”. The Holiday Celebration Pack should show up under “Add-ons & Bonuses” and give you the option to download.
Having trouble gaining followers and moving up to become an A-lister?? Don’t worry: I got you. Here’s a few quick tips to become more famous in Kim Kardashian’s Hollywood game (without spending any real money!) 😉
- Always click on bushes and signs for money, reputation, and sometimes energy! When I’m doing a photo shoot and run out of energy, I go outside and click on everything I can to get one or two extra energy to finish just a little quicker! Even though you only get two dollars, those add up! You’re a celebrity that has to travel a lot, but still has to pay bus fees like everyone else!
- Don’t do more than one activity at a time! If you’re doing a long 8-hour shift at Kardash, don’t go start a 3-hour appearance! Your energy will take a hit. To do each activity successfully, you need to stockpile energy for a few hours in between each activity. Filling up all the stars at the bottom left corner guarantees you more followers, cash, and reputation. It’s hard to fill up all the stars when you are doing two things at one time, and being on the clock while you’re at it!
- Never deny Simon! You know how you can reject any offer Simon calls you with? Don’t do it! Sure, photo shoots and spreads are going to get old after a while, but these little things are what keeps you gaining followers in between the main events in the plot of the game! Always accept his offer, and if you don’t have enough energy or want to go do another activity first, no problem. I’ve never been rejected from a shoot, though I believe it does reward you with a bonus star if you make it within a few hours of being assigned to the activity. Better late than never!
- Dress to Impress! It totally matters what you wear to shoots and appearances and on dates! I figured it all out: when you are changing clothes, each article of clothing has either a star or a heart in the upper right corner. The stars represent professionalism and the hearts romanticism. You want to be wearing all romantic clothes on a date. For everything else, professional. Before beginning a date, it will tell you your ‘romantic’ rating like in this picture, in the lower left corner.
- Mingle with people! Whenever I walk up in the club, everybody wants to talk to me. Going to clubs and restaurants to network with people is a good idea, and a good way to flirt as well.
This is what I see.. everybody turns and is staring at me. I’m sexy and I know it.
But, you can only speak to celebrities just as popular or less popular than you. For example, if I was a D-list celebrity, I can only speak to D and E-listers without spending any charm points. It’s hard at first, but by the time you make the B-list, you can talk to pretty much anyone, including some low-ranked A-listers! Now as far as dating, it is more rewarding to date around with several people. Don’t know why, just is. Also, it’s more beneficial to date someone that is ranked higher than you, so you can get more followers! Also, network with producers, set designers, and celebrities so you can invite them to your spreads and whatnot. They’ll like you for that, and that’s never a bad thing!
- Be nice to Willow! Don’t to the offensive options (even though I wanted to too!) because they’re more rewarding! When I called Maria right away, I didn’t lose any followers like I did when I was mean to Willow back! Let Maria take the bull by the horns.
I was able to make it to the A-list without spending a dime of real money. Sure, it may take a little longer than buying your way through the game, but it’s all in the fun! It’s so engaging, to have to wait until I have enough energy or anticipate leveling up. I really do like to play these types of games, and figure out all the little things to make game play smoother! I hope you guys appreciate these tips and I hope to see you on the A-list! 😉